What is MSDN AA
MSDN AA Stands for the Microsoft Developer's Network Academic Alliance. It is a very extensive resource filled with software packages and suites available for different organizations. Stevens Institute of Technology is a member of the MSDN AA and with an account you may log on to download the available software.
Requesting an MSDN AA Account
Students and Faculty do not have MSDN AA Accounts created for them automatically. However, requesting an account is simple. Unfortunately, as per our licensing agreement, only Undergraduate students and Faculty/Staff are able to request one of these accounts.
1a. Send an email to email@example.com with your pipeline user name asking for an MSDN AA account.
1b. Or log into myStevens and click on Information Technology Helpdesk. Once there, create a ticket requesting an account.
2. You will receive an email notifying you of the account creation. The email will contain a randomized password for the account. (You can change the password on the MSDN AA website). Remember to bookmark this email if you do not change your password.
3. Log onto the Stevens MSDN AA portal.
Logging into Stevens MSDN AA
The Stevens Institute of Technology MSDN AA web portal is located at http://www.stevens.edu/msdnaa
Remember to use the user name (your Stevens email address) and password which was emailed to your Stevens email upon account creation.
You do not need to be logged in to view the software available with an MSDN AA account. If you go to the portal at http://www.stevens.edu/msdnaa and click the software button you will see a list of software.
Keep in mind the MSDN AA account provides you with software licenses for every product available.
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Embedded
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise/Standard
- Windows 2000 Professional/Server
- Visual Studio 6/2005/2008/2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Developer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer
- IT Academy Student Pass Courses
- Microsoft OneNote 2003/2007
- Microsoft Project Professional 2002/2003/2007/2010
- Sharepoint Designer 2007
- Visio Professional 2002/2003/2007/2010
- and more