How To Use Uniprint
Stevens Institute of Technology has a printing system called Uniprint, developed by Pharos Systems. It works with the Stevens Campus Card system for accounting and authentication. Use of this system requires that students to have a valid Stevens Identification Card to obtain their printouts. Your Stevens Identification Card provides a convenient alternative to cash. Activation is free, plus there are no fees or dues. In order to use your Stevens Identification Card with Uniprint, all you have to do is register your Stevens Identification card, deposit money into your Campus Card account, then use your card to pay for your printouts, as needed.
Using the Stevens Identification Card
- You automatically have an account if you have a valid Stevens Identification Card. No account sign up is required.
- No membership fees or service charges are required.
- You can add value to your account using cash or with a Visa and MasterCard credit card.
- Safe - If you accidentally lose your Campus Identification card, REPORT IT AS LOST (see below). Your money is secure and you can immediately print again once you have your new replacement card.
- Easy to use - It is easy and fast to add value to your card online and view the balance, 24 hours and 7 days a week.
- Convenient - You can use it for printed output in the PC Lab, the library and also at the copy machines in the Library.
Before you start printing, please make sure the Uniprint software and printers are installed
- Starting with notebooks provided to the incoming Class of 2006, these printer drivers and Uniprint software are already installed. However, new versions of the Uniprint software are now available for use with the new printers in the PC lab.
- For installation instructions on this new software, see the Campus Printers page. There are different instructions for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Where can I print to?
- There are four locations in which you are able to print
From what locations can I print and how do I print?
NOTE: You can submit print jobs to Uniprint on campus from any Windows computer with a network connection as well as the Uniprint software and printer drivers installed. You may also submit printouts to Uniprint from the computers in the Information Technology Computer Center's PC Lab.
1. To submit your printout to the Uniprint system, open your document.
2. Choose File, then Print.
3. Choose the name of the printer you want to print to. Printouts are color by default. To print in black and white, see the pricing and print options page.
4. Once you finish choosing the printer, click OK. A window will pop up and ask for your Stevens username and arbitrary password.
5. Enter your Stevens username.
6. Enter a password which you will remember when retrieving the printout from the printer.
- The password DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE SAME AS YOUR myStevens PASSWORD.
- We suggest that you NOT use your myStevens password for security reasons.
- There are no complexity requirements for this password.
How and where do I pick up my printouts?
You need a valid Stevens Identification Card (Campus Card) with money deposited into your Stevens Debit Account. (See below on how to add money to your Campus Card.) Bring your Stevens Identification Card to the Computer Center's PC lab (located in the lower level of the Library). Go to the printers and hit the "Print Release" button, then swipe your card when prompted. A screen will show a list of all print jobs that are waiting to be processes, listed by the owner's name. (The owner names should be Stevens usernames). You may access your printout from either of the printers in the PC lab.
- Find your job, select it, and hit the password box. Enter your password you used to submit your print job on the QWERTY keyboard that appears and hi OK. Then hit the Print button.
- Your printout will print from the printer you selected it and removed from the print queue on both printers. Pick up your pint out. Make sure you logout from the printer. To do this, hit the button in the top left corner that looks like a house, then hit the Sign Out button.
How much does it cost?
|Uniprint Printing Prices|
|Black and White||Color|
|Single Sided||$0.04 per page||$0.40 per page|
|Duplex||$0.03 per side||$0.39 per side|
|For more information: MFP Printing Options|
How am I going to deposit money into my account?
Deposit your money
- You can choose the option for checking your account balance, transaction history, deposit funds, or change my account information. Once you submit it, a window will show the credit card holder information and add the amount of money you want for transaction. Please remember that the online system only accepts Visa and MasterCard.
- If you do not have a credit card, an alternative way to add value to your card is through the Value Transfer Station (VTS). The VTS is located in the Library on the first floor next to the Library's two copiers. The VTS machine accepts cash only. Funds may also be deposited into your Stevens Debit Account by a third party without you providing them with your password. All they need to know is your Stevens Campus Identification number and full name. This is useful if you would like to have your parents deposit funds. Anyone with access to the Internet can go to http://www.stevens.edu/olco and follow the Stevens Debit Non-Cardholder Instructions and links.
How to check my account balance
You can check your balance through the VTS or online at the Duckbills website, accessible through myStevens.
How do I report my card lost
Visit http://www.stevens.edu/cardoffice/customer_service/lost_cards.php or contact the Residence Life Office at 201-216-5154.
Terms and Conditions
The participant understands and agrees that:
- The Stevens Debit Account is not transferable.
- No interest or other earnings will be paid to the holder or credited by Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Full refunds are only permitted upon graduation, academic withdrawal, or employment termination from the University. Partial cash withdrawals are not permitted.
- Stevens Institute of Technology reserves the right to close accounts that remain inactive for a period of twelve (12 months) or when students withdraw, terminate enrollment, or graduate.
- Stevens Institute of Technology is not responsible for any loss of funds in your Stevens Debit Account due to lost or stolen cards. We strongly recommend that the cardholder maintain a small balance and add value when needed.
- Value additions are usually instantaneous but sometimes may be delayed by network traffic.