Microsoft Outlook 2007 POP3
Step 1 - Open Outlook 2007
Open Microsoft Outlook 2007 and select Tools >> Account Settings from the file menu at the top.
Step 2 - Account Settings
Select New... from the Email tab.
Step 3 - Auto Account Setup
Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
Step 4 - Choose Email Service
Select POP3 or IMAP and then click Next.
Step 5 - Internet E-mail Settings
- Enter your name and e-mail address in the User Information field.
- Choose POP3 for Account Type.
- Enter nexus.stevens.edu for both Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Enter your Pipeline Username (without @stevens.edu) in the User Name field along with your Pipeline password in the Password field.
- Be sure to check Remember Password if you do not wish to be prompted for your password every time you check your email.
Step 5 - Authenticated SMTP
In order to send email from off-campus, authenticated SMTP must be used.
- Click the More Settings... and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Now change to the Advanced Settings tab.
- Verify that the outgoing port is set 587.
- Select OK.