Dr. Alan Maltz
|School: Howe School of Technology Management|
- Ph.D. (2001) Technology Management, Stevens Institute of Technology
- MBA (1974) Management Science, Pace University
- BE (1971) Electrical Engineering, City College of New York
- Organizational Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
Twenty five years of business and management experience at large corporate organizations as well as founder of successful technology start-up. Dr. Maltz is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor of Technology Management at Stevens Institute of Technology. Prior to this, he served as an Executive Vice President and Director of Brite Voice Systems, Inc (public company). Dr. Maltz currently serves on the Board of Directors of Callwave, Inc. (an Internet- based virtual telecommunications firm).
Since founding TSL in 1986, Dr. Maltz grew the firm into an organization with 1996 revenues of $18 million and over 150 employees across the United States, in Canada and the United Kingdom. He also expanded TSL by acquiring two companies in the telecommunications expense management system business. Major TSL clients include financial services organizations (JPMorganChase, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, AIG), government entities (States of New York, California and Florida), health care providers (Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYU Medical Center, Duke University Medical Center) and multinationals (Kraft, Warner Lambert, IBM, Texaco, Sun Microsystems).
Recently, Dr. Maltz is involved with another entrepreneurial venture- Comsci, LLC, a leader in IT Visibility and Chargeback.
Academic coordinator: Mgt 609 Introduction to Project Management
Coordinator- Mgt 802/803 Project Management Exam
Developed – Qualification PM PhD exam
Government – NASA (2005) Reviewer for Cooperative Program In Space Science for the USRA
Honors & Awards
- Defining and Measuring Organizational Success: A Multi-dimensional Framework (awarded best dissertation in Technology Management - May, 2001)
- Professional Engineer - New York and New Jersey
- Member, IEEE
- Aaron J. Shenhar, Dov Dvir, Ofer Levy, and Alan Maltz. (2007). "Project Success – A Multidimensional Strategic Concept", Linking Projects to Business Strategy, Project Management Institute.
- with A. Shenhar, D. Dvir and M. Poli. (2012). "Integrating Success Scorecards Across Corporate Organizational Levels", The Open Business Journal, (5), 8-19.
- with A. Shenhar and R. Reilly. (2003). "Beyond the balanced scorecard: refining the search for organizational success measures", Long Range Planning , 2 (36), 185-201.
- with A. Shenhar, D. Dvir and O. Levy. (2001). "Project Success: A Multidimensional Strategic Concept", Long Range Planning, (34), 699-725.
- A. Maltz, G. Lynn, M. P. Jurkat, and M. D. Hammer. (1999). "New media in marketing redefine competitive advantage: A comparison of small and large firms", The Journal of Services Marketing, 13 (1), 9-20.
- A. Maltz. (1986). "Banking on packet switching", Computerworld on Communications, 91-93.
- A. Maltz. (Apr 1984). "Bankers Trust: BTNet pockets profits with packet switching", Communication Age, 26 (27).
- A. Maltz. (May 1976). "Television cables Save Money for Bankers Trust in wideband data network", Data Communications, 5 (3), 81-86.
MGT 609 Project Management Fundamentals
MGT 802 Project Management Examination
MGT 803 Project Management Examination