Dr. Murrae Bowden
|DISTINGUISHED SERVICE PROFESSOR & PROGRAM DIRECTOR (MSTM, EMBA, MBA, MSM AND PHARMACEUTICAL MANAGEMENT)|
|Building: Babbio Center|
|Department: Master of Technology Management / Management / Master of Business Administration|
|Program: Master of Business Administration / Management|
- Post Doctoral Fellow (1969-71) Polymer Science, University of Manchester, UK
- PhD (1969) Polymer Science, University of Queensland, Australia
- BS, First Class Honors in Physical Chemistry, 1965, University of Queensland, Australia
Dr. Murrae Bowden joined Stevens as the Director of the Master of Technology Management program for Experienced Professionals in July, 2003. He has over 30 years of experience in research and research management in the telecommunications and chemical industries. He joined AT&T Bell Laboratories in Murray Hill, NJ in 1971 as a Member of Technical Staff, and subsequently moved to Bell Communications Research (Bellcore) with the 1984 divestiture of the Bell System where he rose to the position of Assistant Vice President of the Network Technologies Research Division with responsibility for the hardware and systems technologies impacting the capability, robustness and integrity of the nation's telecommunications networks. He has an extensive background in resist materials for microelectronic applications and was Director of Research and Development for the Microelectronic Materials Division of Arch Chemicals in Rhode Island from 1997 - 2002. Prior to joining Stevens, he was President of EMP Consulting, which he formed in 2002 to provide consulting services on materials and processes to the electronics materials industry. Dr. Bowden has a long association with Stevens having been an adjunct faculty member in the Chemistry Department in 1978, and subsequently in the Wesley J. Howe School of Technology Management from 1995 - 1997 where he was an Associate Professor and Bellcore Executive-in-Residence, teaching courses in strategic business management, technology management, managing technical people and Integration and Application of Technology Management. He also served as marketing manager for the Technology Management program. He has won numerous awards for his contributions to the field of resist materials for microlithography.
- Over 100 technical publications in chemistry and lithography
- 6 patents
- Introduction to Microlithography
- L. F. Thompson, C. G. Willson and M. J. Bowden, Eds., ACS Symposium Series 219, ACS, Washington, 1983. Second Edition published 1994.
- Polymers for High Technology - Electronics and Photonics
- M. J. Bowden and S. R. Turner, Eds., ACS Symposium Series 346, ACS, Washington, 1987.
- Electronic and Photonic Applications of Polymers
- M. J. Bowden and S. R. Turner, Eds., Advances in Chemistry Series 218, ACS, Washington, 1988.
President: EMP Consulting. Provides consulting services on materials and processes to the semiconductor masnufacturing industry.
Honors & Awards
- Queensland University Medallist in chemistry, 1965
- Electrochemical Society Young Author's Prize, 1973
- IR 100 Award for development of COP and PBS electron beam resists, 1977
- Outstanding American Inventor Award (Intellectual Property Owners Inc.), 1988
- Carothers Award for contributions to the field of resist materials for microlithography (Delaware ACS Section), 1992
- Bellcore President's Recognition Award, 1994
- Lucent Technologies Patent Award, 1997
- American Chemical Society
- Member of Polymer and Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering Divisions
- Chairman PMSE Division, 1984
- PMSE Fellow, 2000
- PMSE Distinguished Service Award, 2009
- International Society for Optoelectronics Engineering (SPIE)
- American Society of Engineering Management (ASEM)
EMT 714 Technology Strategy
EMT 758 Oral and Written Communication Competency
EMT 798 Integration and Application of Technology Management