Dr. Gregory Prastacos
|DEAN, WESLEY J. HOWE SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT; PROFESSOR |
|Building: Babbio Center|
|Phone: 201 216 8366|
|School: Howe School of Technology Management|
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Columbia University, New York, USA, 1972.
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Columbia University, 1973.
- Doctor of Engineering Science in Operations Research, Columbia University, 1977.
MAJOR RESEARCH FUNDING
Has been awarded and has led more than 25 major research projects with a total budget exceeding 7 million USD. Funding has come from the European Commission (EC), the General Secretariat of Research (GSRT, Greece), the Centre Nationale de Recherche Scientifique (CNRS, France), the National Institutes of Health (NIH, USA), the Foundation of Research (Cyprus), and others. Indicative projects include:
- Development and implementation of Computer-Integrating-Manufacturing modules for the clothing industry (EC -DG XII: Science, Research and Development).
- Case study analysis of the vulnerability of Information Systems in the banking and health sectors of Greece, Italy and France. (EC - DG XII:)
- Reengineering of processes, development of information systems prototypes, and regional organizational transformation for the European blood industry. (EC - DG V: Employment, Industrial Relations, Social Affairs).
- Development and analysis of alternative scenaria on blood self-sufficiency in Europe (EC -DG V).
- Evaluation, feasibility study and strategy recommendation for the development of management training and management research in Lithuania (EC -DG I: External Relations)
- Development of technologies for flexible production groups in the clothing industry. Evaluator for the (EC -DG XII).
- Development of innovative measures for the introduction of long-term unemployed in the labor market. (EC, DG XVI: Regional Policy)
- Impact evaluation of Information Society on Management and Organizations, and development of the MBA curriculum on and for the Information Society. (ECDG III: Industry)
- Development of tools for fast development of executive information systems ( GSRT).
- Evaluation of the socio-economic impact of the Community Framework Program (EC, DG Research).
- Evaluating scenaria of development of the various technological sectors, and the impact of innovation on various sectors (EC: FORESIGHT).
- Assessment and policy guidelines for the Black Sea countries (EC: BS-RESPOT)
- Impact evaluation of publicly funded R+D programs on the innovation and competitiveness of European firms, and policy recommendations (EC, DG Enterprises)
In addition, he has served repeatedly as evaluator of proposals submitted for funding to the EU, as well as expert advisor to specific issues (e.g. innovation, R+D development).
PREVIOUS ACADEMIC POSITIONS:
- 1981-2012: The Athens University of Economics and Business Professor of Management Science (1981-2012), Rector of the University (2007-11) Founding Director of the MBA International Program (1999-2011) Founding Director of the Management Science Research Laboratory (2000-2011) Chairman of the Marketing and Management Science Department (1997-99) Vice-Chairman of the University Research Center (1997-1999)
- 1978-1982: The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences.
- 1977-1978: Columbia University, Graduate School of Business Adjunct Assistant Professor
- 1986-1987: University of Paris IX-Dauphine, Laboratoire LAMSADE, France Visiting Professor of Decision Sciences
- 1983 – 2011: Short-term Visiting positions at various Universities in Switzerland, France, Spain, India, and China.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Member: The Institute of Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS), IEEE – Engineering Management Society, Operations Research Society of the U.K., Hellenic Operational Research Society, Strategic Management Society.
- Visiting Research Fellow, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) (1979, 1980, 1981), conducting research on the application of Systems Analysis in Health Care.
- Researcher A’, French National Centre of Scientific Research (CNRS), conducting research on Decision Support Systems and Logistics (1986-87).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Operations Research Society (1981-88).
- Member of the 7-member EU panel of experts for the evaluation of the 5th Framework Program (2000-01).
- Evaluator of research proposals: U.S. National Science Foundation, General Secretariat of Research and Technology, Cyprus Foundation of Research.
- Member of the Scientific Board of the Centre for Planning and Economic Research of Greece (1984-85).
- Chairman of the Board of two companies in the areas of Management Consulting (OMAS SA, 1986-1996, and Deloitte & Touche Consulting SA, 1997-2002).
- Chairman of the 7th National Conference of the Hellenic Operational Research Society.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the European Conference LILIS (EC DG III), “Continuing Education in the Information Society” (1996).
- Member of the International Organizing Committee of the International Conference of Decision Sciences Institute (1999).
- Chairman of the Conference “Innovation: Defining Factors and Open Questions for the Future of the Greek Economy” (2003).
- Member of the judging panel for the INFORMS Financial Services Section's Best Student Paper Competition (2004).
- Member of the McKinsey Quarterly Online Executive Panel (2004).
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Management Association EEDE (2005- 2007).
- Head of EU Missions to Romania and Georgia to map R&D potential and make policy recommendations for the development of research collaborations (2005).
- Member of the evaluation team for the selection of the Scientific Director of the Research Institute of the Athens Academy of Sciences (2006, 2011)
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the International Conference “New Frontiers in Business and Information Technologies”, Korea University Business School, Seoul (2007)
- Representative on behalf of the Union of Rectors of Greek Universities to the Greek Parliament in view of the new Law on Graduate Education in Greece (2008).
- Co-Chairman, Business Confucius Institute of Athens (2008 - 2011)
- Member of evaluation panels to assess Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies of companies in multiple occasions (2008, 2009, 2010).
- Member of the evaluation team for the “Business Plan Competition”, sponsored by the National Bank of Greece (2010).
- Co-Chairman of the international Conference “Leadership and Management in a Changing World: Lessons from Ancient East and West Philosophy”, Athens, 2011 (www.leadershipclassics.org).
RECENT INVITED KEYNOTE SPEECHES:
- European Vending Association Conference, EurOps 2007, “Supply Chain Management for Vending Operations”, Athens, March 2007.
- NMIMS University, “Recent Areas of interest in Decision Making Research” and “Indo-Greek Relationships: History and Prospects”, Mumbai, India, April 2007.
- National Conference AIESEC, “The need for international orientation in Business Studies”, 7 November 2007.
- Bosch Siemens Home Appliances (BSH) Annual Meeting, Executive Training, “Creating Value in a World Without Boundaries”, Athens, 7 December 2007.
- 26th All-India National Conference of Personnel Managers, “Developing Interfaces between academia and industry”, Baroda, India, 7 February 2008.
- Novo Nordisk Annual Leaders Meeting, Executive Training Program, “Career Planning: Unlocking your Own Potential”, Milano, 28 January 2009.
- TITAN, Session leader / rapporteur in Entrepreneurship Conference, February 2009.
- Adriatic-Ioanian Conference, “Academic Collaborations as a Means for Cultural Exchange and Business Development”, sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Corfu, Greece, 13 February 2009.
- Conference organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, “Career planning in a Global World”, Athens, 7 April 2009.
- University of Strasbourg, “Strategic Decision Making in Supply Chain Management”, 15-17 June 2009.
- International Conference “Sustaining and Developing Business in Southeast Europe”, organized by AUEB and Wharton School, “Managing Supply Chain Risks”, 25 June 2009.
- Opening Ceremony of the Business Confucius Institute of Athens, “The importance of the Business Confucius Institute for bridging the ties between Greece and China”, Megaron Mousikis, Athens, 8 October 2009.
- Annual Meeting of UNICA Universities, “Developing an Observatory for Operational Excellence of Universities”, Paris, 6 November 2009.
- Public presentation of the results of the project “Economic Impact from the operation of the Athens International Airport (AIA)”, sponsored by AIA at Megaron Mousikis, Athens, 8 December 2009.
- Session Chairman in the Symposium on Quality on Education, organized by Athens College, 22 January 2010.
- Public presentation of the book “How the crisis is affecting our lives and management” by D. Papoulias, 26 January 2010.
- INSPIRUS Conference, “Personal lessons of Entrepreneurship”, Mumbai, India, 20 February 2010.
- Conference on the Dialogue of Civilizations between Greece and China:“Management and Leadership in a Changing World: Lessons from Ancient Chinese and Greek Philosophy”, sponsored by the Ministry of Press of China, Athens, 23 April 2010.
- Session Chairman in the Conference “Financial and Economic Crisis: The Return to Stability”, sponsored by the Alumni of the Onassis Foundation, 21 June 2010.
- Young Entrepreneurs of Europe Conference, “Educational Policies and Best Practices for Developing Entrepreneurial Culture”, Thessaloniki, Greece, 25 June 2010.
- Session Chairman and Speaker in the Indian National HRD Network Conference Towards the Next Orbit, “Crafting and Implementing Business Strategy for the Next Generation Global Enterprises” , Gurgaon, India, 1-3 December 2010.
- Interfaces (Editor-at-Large, INFORMS, 1992-95)
- International Journal of Information Technology & Management (Member of Editorial Board, 2002 - )
- European Journal of Intern. Management (Member of Editorial Board, Sage, 2005 - )
- South Asian Business Review (Member of Editorial Board, 2007 - )
- Operational Research – An International Journal (Member of Editorial Board, Springer, 2008 - )
- American Journal of Operational Research (Member of Editorial Board, 2011 - )
- Journal of Management History (Guest Editor, Special Issue on “Leadership and Management in a Changing World: Lessons from Ancient East and West Philosophy”, 2011).
- Referee: Management Science, Operations Research, and other journals.
Honors & Awards
- 1st World Prize in the Practice of Management Science (Edelman Award), awarded by the Institute of Management Sciences (INFORMS / TIMS), for significant contributions in inventory management and logistics, and their applications to health care delivery systems (1979).
- 1st Hellenic Prize in Operations Research, awarded by the Hellenic Operations Research Society (HELORS) for contributions made in investment theory (1981).
- Elected Fellow of the Washington Academy of Sciences, for significant contributions in Operations Research and Applications in Health Care Management (1983). 2
- Teaching Excellence Award, Executive MBA Program, Athens University of Economics and Business (2002).
- Exceptional Contribution Award, Department of Marketing and Communication, Athens University of Economics and Business (2003).
- Best Paper Award for paper (co-authored with Paraskevopoulos D. and Ioannou G.) “A Decision Support System for Waste Lube Oils Collection”, presented at the 11th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Northeastern University, Shenyang, China (2005).
- Exceptional Contribution Award, Department of Management Science and Technology, Athens University of Economics and Business (2005).
- Selection of paper (co-authored with Kostopoulos K., Brachos D., Papalexandris A., and Filippidou S.) “Organizational Unit ACAP: Social Context and Performance Outcomes” among the Best Papers of the Academy of Management Conference, Philadelphia, USA (2007).
- Exceptional Contribution Award, Graduate Program in Service Management, Athens University of Economics and Business (2008).
- Selection of paper (co-authored with Brachos D., Söderquist, K.E. and Kostopoulos K.) “Knowledge Effectiveness Social Context and Innovation”, published in Journal of Knowledge Management, as a Highly Commended paper at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence (2008).
- Honorary Medal for significant achievements in Operations Research by the Institute for Management Sciences and Operations Research (INFORMS) at the INFORMS Annual Practice Conference, Baltimore, USA (2008).
- Selection of paper (co-authored with Kostopoulos K. and Bozionelos N.) “Team Learning Activities and Team Effectiveness: The Role of Psychological Safety and Task Conflict”, among the Best Papers of the Academy of Management Conference, Chicago, USA (2009).
- Teaching Excellence Award, MBA International Program, Athens University ofEconomics and Business (2010).
Refereed Papers in International Journals
- “On the Evaluation of a Class of Inventory Policies for Perishable Products such as Blood”, Management Science, vol. 21, 11, July 1975 (with E. Brodheim and C. Derman).
- “Optimal Myopic Allocation of a Product with Fixed Lifetime”, J. Operational Research Soc., vol. 29, 9, September 1978.
- “Computer - Based Regional Blood Distribution”, Computers & Operations Research, vol. 6, 2 Mar-April 1979 (with E. Brodheim).
- “On the Setting of Inventory Levels for Hospital Blood Banks”, Transfusion, vol. 16, Jan-Feb 1976 (with E. Brodheim and R. Hirsch).
- “The Long Island Blood Distribution System as a Prototype for Regional Blood Management”, Interfaces, vol. 9, 5, 1979. The work presented in this paper won the Edelman Award (INFORMS) and was cited in the centennial issue of Science as exemplary work in Operations Research internationally.
- “A Blood Management System with Prescheduled Deliveries”, Transfusion, vol. 19, 4, July-August 1979 (with E. Brodheim).
- “LIFO Distribution Systems”, J. of the Operational Research Soc., vol. 30, 6, June 1979.
- “PBDS: A Decision Support System for Regional Blood Management”, Management Science, vol. 26, 1, 1980 (with E. Brodheim).
- “Allocation of a Perishable Product Inventory”, Operations Research, vol. 29, 2, 1981.
- “Critical Number Ordering Policies for LIFO Perishable Inventory Systems”, Computers & Operations Research, vol. 8, 4, 1981 (with M. Cohen).
- “Topological Problems in Computer Network Design”, Spoudai, 838-848, 1982
- “Optimal Sequential Investment Decisions under Conditions of Uncertainty”, Management Science, vol. 29, 1, 1983.
- “An Approximation for a Perishable Inventory System with Fixed Size Periodic Replenishments”, Advances in Management Studies, vol. 2, 4, 1983 (with G. P. Cosmetatos).
- “Blood Inventory Management: An Overview of Theory and Practice”, Management Science, vol. 30, 7, 1984.
- “An Approximate Analysis of the D/M/1 Queue with Deterministic Customer Impatience”, RAIRO - Recherche Opérationnelle vol. 19, 1, 1985 (with G. P. Cosmetatos.)
- ”An Allocation and Distribution Model for Perishable Inventories”, Operations Research, vol. 34, 1, 1986 (with A. Federgruen and P. Zipkin).
- “A Decision Support System for Manpower Planning in Large Organizations“, J. of Decision Systems, vol. 14, 291-303, 1996 (with M. Kalogerakis and P. Ipsilandis).
- “Inventory Positioning in Single Product Supply Chains”, Les Cahiers du Management Technologique, vol. 11, 2, 33-40, 2001 (with G. Ioannou and G. Skintzi).
- “Greek Firms and EMU: Contrasting SMEs and Large-Sized Enterprises”, European Management Journal, vol. 19, 6, 638-648, 2001 (with Y. Spanos and V. Papadakis).
- “A Greedy Look-ahead Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Window Constraints", J. Operational Research Soc., vol. 52, 523-537, 2001 (with G. Ioannou and M. Kritikos).
- “A problem-generator-solver heuristic for vehicle routing with soft time windows”, Omega - The International Journal of Management Science, vol. 31, 1, 41-53, 2002 (with G. Ioannou and M. Kritikos)
- “The Relationship between Information and Communication Technologies Adoption and Management”, Information & Management, vol. 39, 659-675, 2002 (with Y. Spanos and A. Poulymenakou). This paper came up in the top 10 in readership among the I&M papers for the period Sept 2000 – Jan 2004.
- “Map-Route: A GIS-Based Decision Support System for intra-city vehicle routing with time windows”, J. Operational Research Soc., vol. 53, 842-854, 2002 (with G. Ioannou and M. Kritikos).
- “An Integrated Framework for Managing Change in the New Competitive Landscape”, European Management Journal, vol. 20, 1, 55-71, 2002 (with K. Söderquist, Y. Spanos, and L. Van Wassenhove). This paper came up 4th in readership among EMJ papers for the year 2002.
- "A Quality Function Deployment Approach to Web Site Development", Les Cahiers du Management Technologique, vol. 13, 3, 51-66, 2004 (with G. Ioannou, and K. Pramataris)
- “Understanding Organizational Capabilities: Towards a Conceptual Framework”, Journal of Knowledge Management, vol. 8, 3, 31-43, 2004 (with Y. Spanos).
- “The Effects of Environment, Structure, and Dynamic Capabilities on Product Innovation Strategy”, International Journal on Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, vol. 4, 6, 620-638, 2004 (with Y. Spanos)
- “Modelling of Facilities for Head Injuries in London”, Operations Research – An International Journal (ORIJ), vol. 3, 3, 197-212, 2004 (with G. Skintzi, T. Coats, and G. Ioannou)
- “Determinants of Technological Innovation adoption: The case for ERP systems in Greek SME’s”, Les Cahiers du Management Technologique, vol. 13, 2, 39-51, 2004 (with K. Kostopoulos, and D. Brachos).
- “Inventory Positioning in Multiple Product Supply Chains”, Annals of Operations Research, Special issue: Stochastic Models of Production-Inventory Systems, vol. 125, 195-213, 2004 (with G. Skintzi, G. Ioannou).
- “Implementing the Balanced Scorecard in Greece: Α Software Firm’s Experience”, Long Range Planning, vol. 37, 4, 347-362, 2004 (with A. Papalexandris and G. Ioannou). This paper was among the top 25 most downloadable papers of LRP for the year 2004-05.
- “An annealing-based approach to a special class of distribution problems”, RAIRO – Recherche Opérationnelle, vol. 38, 4, 345-360, 2004 (with C. Tarantilis, G. Ioannou, C. Kiranoudis), 2003
- “Towards New Public Management In Greek Public Organizations: Leadership vs. Management, and the Path to Implementation”, Public Organization Review: A Global Journal, vol. 4, 317-337, 2004 (with S. Filipidou and E. Söderquist)
- “A Holistic methodology for Putting the Balanced Scorecard into Action”, European Management Journal, vol. 23, 2 pp 214-227, 2005 (with A. Papalexandris, G. Ioannou, K. E. Söderquist).
- “A Strategic Forward-Looking Approach to Competency Modelling”, Business Leadership Review, vol. II, No. 2, April 2005 (with K. E. Söderquist and M. Vakola)
- “Solving the open vehicle routing problem via a single parameter metaheuristic algorithm”, J. Operational Research Soc., vol. 56, 5, 588-596, 2005 (with C. Tarantilis, G. Ioannou, C. Kiranoudis)
- “Advanced Vehicle Routing algorithms for Operational Management Problems”, Journal of Food Engineering, Special issue: Operational Research and Logistics, vol. 70, 3, 455-471, 2005 (with Ch. Tarantilis, and G. Ioannou).
- “Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to vehicle routing problems”. Astrolavos, vol. 6, 136-155, 2006 (with M. Kritikos and G. Ioannou)
- "Knowledge Effectiveness, Social Context and Innovation: The New Era of Knowledge - Based Developments", Journal of Knowledge Management, vol. 11, 5, 31-44, 2007 (with D. Brachos, D. Kostopoulos and K. E. Söderquist). This paper has been selected as a “Highly Commended Paper” at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2008.
- “Competency Management in Support of Organizational Change”, International Journal of Manpower, vol. 28, 3, 260-275, July 2007 (with M. Vakola and K. E. Söderquist)
- “ERP Implementation at SME’s: An initial study of the Greek Market”, International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, vol. 3, 4, 406-425, 2007 (with M. Argyropoulou and G. Ioannou)
- “Investigating Warehouse Policies”, International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 112, 955-970, 2008 (with G. Skintzi, G. Ioannou)
- “Meeting the Challenge of a Technology-Driven Change within an Institutional Context: the Greek Case”, Public Administration, vol. 86 (2), 429-442, 2008 (with S. Filippidou, M. Karageorgou, E. Söderquist, and Ch. Tarantilis)
- “A Reactive Variable Neighborhood Tabu Search for the Heterogeneous Fleet Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows”, Journal of Heuristics, 14(5), 425-455, 2008 (with D. Paraskevopoulos, P. Repoussis, C. Tarantilis, G. Ioannou)
- “An assignment-based heuristic for vehicle routing with time windows”, Operational Research – An International Journal, vol. 8, 219-233, 2009 (with G. Ioannou and M. Kritikos)
- “Corporate Real Estate Analysis: Evaluating Telecom Branch Efficiency in Greece”, Applied Economics, vol. 42, 9, 1133 – 1143, 2010 (with M. Kritikos and R. Markellos)
- “Task-based to competency-based: A typology and process supporting a critical HRM transition”, Personnel Review, vol. 39, 3, 325-346, 2010 (with K. E. Söderquist, A. Papalexandris, G. Ioannou)
- "Market, Firm, and Project-Level Effects on the Innovation Impact of FP RTD Projects", forthcoming in Science and Public Policy, 2011 (with K. Kostopoulos, K. E. Söderquist, Y. Spanos and N. Vonortas)
- “Structure and Function of Team Learning Emergence: A Multilevel Empirical Validation”, forthcoming in the Journal of Management DOI 10.1177/ 0149206311419366 (with Y. Spanos and K. Kostopoulos)
Publications in Edited Volumes
- “Optimal Decisions on Production and Export of Interrelated Products”, in A. Chikan (ed.) Economics and Management of Inventories, 291-300, North-Holland, 1981 (with M. Xafa).
- “Systems analysis in Regional Blood Management”, in J. Mohr and A. Kluge (eds.) The Computer and Blood Banking, 110-131, Springer-Verlag, 1981.
- “Optimal Investment Strategies Under Uncertainty”, in J. P. Brans (ed.) Operational Research ’81, 843-858, North Holland, 1981.
- “An Optimal Rotation Policy for an Age-Differentiated Product in a Multi-Echelon Inventory system”, in A. Chikan (ed.), New Results in Inventory Theory, 777-784, North-Holland, 1983.
- “Operational Efficiency in the Service Sector”, in Scientific Annals, AUEB, 277-296, 1984.
- “A Comparison of Alternative Inventory Policies for Perishable Products”, in Scientific Annals, 351-366, AUEB, 1986 (with G. Papadopoulos).
- “Operations Research in Banking: An Overview”, in G. Prastacos (ed.) Operations Research and Information Technology, 281-307, HELORS, 1987.
- “Development of a basic CIM module for the clothing Industry“, in Computer Integrated Manufacturing, by C. O΄Brien et.al. (eds.), Springer Verlag, 281-289, 1989 (με I. Tatsiopoulos).
- “Mathematical Programming for Assets and Liabilities Management in a Commercial Bank“, in Operational Research ’90, 1990 (με A. Brilis, D. Giokas, M. Vassiloglou)
- “Solon: An Expert System for Evaluating Investments“, in Operational Research ’90, North Holland, 1990 (with N. Paterakis)
- “A Shop Floor Decision Support System for the Clothing Industry“, in Computer Applications in Production, by G. Doumeingts et.al., Elsevier Publishers, 1991 (with I. Tatsiopoulos).
- “Implementing Balanced Scorecard in a Software Development Company”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Engineering Management Conference, Cambridge, UK, 743-748, 2002 (with A. Papalexandris, G. Ioannou, and E. Soderquist).
- “Innovation and the Firm: Determinants and Performance Implications”, to appear in (L. Georgiou, J. Rigby and H. Cameron, editors): “Evaluating the Impact of Technology and Research: The theory and practice of Socio-economic Assessment”, Elgar Publishing (with Κ. Kostopoulos, and Y. Spanos), 2003
- “Knowledge Sharing Networks’ Critical Success Factors: A Comprehensive Study of Knowledge Work”, Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Knowledge Management, pp. 112-121, Oxford University, UK, September 2003 (with D. Brachos, and E. Soderquist)
- “Determining Factors of ERP Adoption: An Indicative Study in the Greek Market”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Engineering Management Conference, pp. 287-291, Singapore, October 2004 (with K. Kostopoulos, and D. Brachos).
- “A Decision Support System for Waste Lube Oils Collection”, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Northeaster University, Shenyang, China, 2005 (with D. Paraskevopoulos and G. Ioannou). This paper received the Best Paper Award of the Conference and was published in the Conference Proceedings.
- “The Effects of Organizational Unit Absorptive Capacity on Innovation and Performance”, Academy of Management Conference, Philadelphia, USA, August 2007 (with K. Kostopoulos and A. Papalexandris). This paper was selected among the Best Papers of the Conference and was published in the Conference Proceeding.
- “Team learning activities and team effectiveness: The role of psychological safety and task conflict”, Academy of Management Conference, Chicago, USA, August 2009 (with K. Kostopoulos and N. Bozionelos). This paper was selected among the Best Papers of the Conference and was published in the Conference Proceedings.
- “Teaching Professionalism in a Business School: Insights from Ancient Philosophy” to appear in “Leadership and Management in a Changing World: Lessons from Ancient East and West Philosophy”, (eds. G. Prastacos, E. Soderquist and F. Wang), Springer-Verlag, forthcoming 2012.
Publications in Media Outlets
- “Managing Change in the New Competitive Environment”, InnKnow FORUM, 1, 7-8, 2002
- “Editorial on Strategic Performance Management”, InnKnow FORUM, 2, 1, 2002 (with E. Söderquist)
- “Critical Factors for Successful Innovation Management at the National, Cluster and Firm Levels”, InnKnow FORUM, 3, 4-6, 2003 (with Y. Spanos, K. Kostopoulos)
- "Entrepreneurial Processes and Lessons Learned from the Dotcom Meltdown”, InnKnow FORUM, 3, 7-8, 2003 (with E. Söderquist)
- “Pros and Cons of Different Ways of Organizing the Knowledge Management Function”, InnKnow FORUM, 4, 9-11, 2003 (with E. Söderquist)
- “Developing Leaders in the Global Knowledge Economy”, International Herald Tribune – Kathimerini, May 22-23, 2004.
- “Globalization, Technology and Change: Challenges for Leadership”, Parts 1 and 2, Business Partners, January/March 2006.
- “The 21st Century Organization: Guidelines for the CEO”, Parts 1, 2 and 3, Business Partners, May/September/December 2006.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility in Education”, VIMA Ideon, 2010 (with E. Söderquist)
- “Education and Sustainable Development”, Epistimoniko Marketing, pp. 42-47, June 2010.
- “Learnings for Management and Leadership from Ancient East and West Philosophy”, Business Partners, November 2010.
- “Strategy to Come Down from Boardroom to Workshop”, People Matters, India, p. 29, November 2010.
- “Training in Business Administration: Responsibility and Innovation in the Knowledge Society”, in The University in the 21st Century, N. Stavrakakis (ed.), Plethro Publications, 2011, pp. 293-305
- “Developing Extraversion and Internationalization in a Business School”, Epistimoniko Marketing, August 2011.
In addition he has been extensively quoted and/or has given interviews to many international media, including the Financial Times, The Times of India, The London Stock Exchange, the International Herald Tribune, the European CEO, and many more.