Dr. Edward A. Stohr
(Dec 2000) "Building Workflow Engines for Commerce Logic Applications", Proc.of Americas Conference on Information Systems, Long Beach, CA.
(Dec 2000) "Organizational Concept Space: A Dynamic Grouping Approach to Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Proc. WITS, 2000, Brisbane Australia.
(2000) "Towards Knowledge-Sharing and Learning in Virtual Professional Communities", Hawaii International Conference on Information Sciences.
(Dec 2000) "MSIS 2000: Model Curriculum and Guidelines for Graduate Programs in Information Systems", Communications of AIS, Vol. 3( 1).
(Dec 2000) "Workflow-centric Communication Mechanisms for Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Journal of Management Information Systems.
(Dec 2001) "Transaction Breaks: A Litany of Errors", Proc. Thirteenth Bled Electronic Commerce Conference, Bled Slovenia.
(Dec 2001) "Workflow Automation: Overview and Research Issues", Informations Systems Frontiers.
(2002) "Competing in the Information Age: Align in the Sand", Oxford University Press, NY.
(2002) "Online Analytical Processing and Applications in E-Commerce", Bigdolil, Hossein, The Internet Encyclopedia, John Wiley & Sons.
(Dec 2006) "Technology Management for Global Development - A Conceptual Framework".
(2003) "Strategic Alignment", J. Luftman, Oxford University Press.
(2007) "Design and Implementation of a Business Process Rules Engine".
(2005) "Critical Chain: A New Project Management Paradigm or Old Wine in New Bottles?", Engineering Management Journal, Vol. 17( 4), p. 45-58.
(2006) "Parametric Search Engines: What Makes them Effective when Shopping Online for Differentiated Products", Information & Management, Vol. 43( 7), p. 904-918.
(2007) "Design and Implementation of a Business Process Rules Engine", 2nd Annual International Conference on Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST), Pasadena CA.
(1999) "Emerging Information Technologies", Kendall, Kenneth E, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc..
(2008) "Diagnosing Decision Quality".
(Dec 1999) "Temporal Workflow Management in a Claim Handling System", Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 24( 2), p. 187-95.
GIFT Society."Architecting Flexible Organizations", Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management,
(2000) "Cases in Electronic Commerce", Sid Huff, Mike Wade, Michael Parent, Scott Schneberger and Peter Newson, Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
(Dec 2000) "A Workflow-Centric Model of Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Proc. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
Appointments Thesis Supervisor
2001– Information Management Program
Stevens Institute of Technology
1979-2000 Information Systems Department, Stern School of Business, New York University.
1977-1979 Associate Professor of Decision Sciences, Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
1973-1977 Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences, Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
1973-1973 Instructor, University of California, Berkeley.
1969-1973 Full‑time course work leading to Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
1967-1969 Full‑time course work leading to a degree of Master of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley.
Visiting Appointments at Other Academic Institutions
2005 Visiting Professor, University of Melbourne, (July-August, 2005)
1996 Visiting Professor, University of Economics and Business, Vienna (Summer)
1996 Visiting Professor, ISMT Department, Hong University of Science and Technology (Spring)
1987 Visiting Professor, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France (Spring semester)
- Ph.D. (1973) Information Science, University of California, Berkeley
- MBA. (1973) Information Systems, University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Melbourne, Australia, 1959
Research Projects InterestsCurrent Research:
- Process automation and workflow management
- Decision support
Awards and Honors
· Honorary Lifetime Member, Global Institute for Flexible Systems Management.
· Member of the Academic Advisory Committee of the Institute for Innovation, Information and Productivity (IIIP)
· Howe School Outstanding Service Award, 2006
· Howe School Outstanding Service Award, 2004
· Research Professor, Stern School of Business, NYU, 1998-2001
· Citibank Award for Excellence in Teaching, Stern School of Business, 1993-94
· Beta Gamma Sigma-honorary society for business students
Professional Organizations and Societies
- Honorary Lifetime Member, Global Institute for Flexible Systems Management (GIFT)
- Founding member and Vice Chair, Technology ManagementEducation Association (TMEDA)
- Member, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS)
- Founding Member, Association for Information Systems (AIS)
|Business Continuity in the Pharmaceutical Industry||AT& T Foundation||$50,000||6/1/03 – 9/1/04||Lou Laucirica, E. Stohr||Paul Rohmeyer|
|Strategic Multi-Project Resource Management, “CC-Lite”||NASA||$75,000||6/1/04 – 12/31/04||Thomas Lechler||E. Stohr|
|A Methodology and Process for Managing Portfolios of Homeland Security Programs||Homeland Security Institute||$48,000||3/1/05 – 12/31/05||J. Hultin,E. Stohr||H. Fallah, Fred Murphy|
|Definition of the Productivity of ICT in the Era of Cyberspace||Institute for Information Innovation and Productivity (IIIP)||$14,000||3/1/2009 = 12/31/2010||Niv Ahituv, Tel Aviv University, E. Stohr|
· Member, Academic Program and Review (APAR) Committee, 2006 – present (Chair 2007-09)
Member, SIT Promotion and Tenure Committee, 2008 - present
· Steering Committee, Middle States Accreditation, 2004 (interim report) and 2006 - Howe School of Technology Management
· Coordinator, Howe School AACSB Accreditation Process, 2005 · Coordinator, Howe School Information Systems Ph.D. Program, 2006 -· Associate Dean for Research and Academics, 2001-2006 · Co-director, Center for Technology Management Research, 2001-present
· Coordinator, Howe School Information Systems, Ph.D. Program, 2001 – 2004