The Stevens MSTM program is designed for experienced professionals having more than five (5) years of full-time work experience who wish to move to a broader role in technology and business management. Leveraging Stevens' strong reputation in engineering, science and management, the program provides you with the skills, knowledge and leadership capability to manage both business AND technology effectively enabling you to
- Leverage technology and know-how to achieve competitive advantage
- Understand and exploit rapidly changing technology
- Utilize technology to provide business solutions to business problems
- Position technology effectively to enhance core business
- Lead within and across organizations
Admission to the MSTM program requires that applicants have:
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline.*
- A minimum GPA of 3.0**
- 5 + years of relevant full-time work experience — managerial experience is preferred but is not required for admission to the program.
* Consideration will be given to prospective students with non-technical undergraduate degrees provided they have appropriate technology-based work experience. ** Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered provided they have suitable work-related experience and strong letters of recommendation from upper management.
Note: The GMAT is not required for the MSTM program, but may be required for students continuing to the MBA degree. See GMAT Waiver option.
The MSTM program is designed for working professionals. We operate on a rolling admissions basis, meaning applications are reviewed and evaluated as they are received. Prospective students should submit their applications as early as possible to assure placement in the program. The program starts in the Fall and students are encouraged to apply to this semester. Note: We allow a limited number of students to join the cohort in the following Spring semester provided space is available. All applications are reviewed and approved by the MSTM Admissions Committee.
To apply to the MSTM program, please return the following documentation to Program Coordinator for the MSTM program:
- * Completed Application Form (word format, open, fill-in, save, and email)
- * Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (PDF format; download, fill-in Applicants section and forward to the individual providing the recommendation)
- * Official Transcript from each academic institution attended (cannot be faxed or emailed). [Note: Stevens requires an original document from your previous institution, but will accept copies only if they are officially attested copies in English. Attested copies are copies that have been witnessed/certified as being true copies of the originals. A Notary Public can assist in the process of attesting documents. Copies can be submitted for initial review, but you will need to provide the official documents (or notarized copies) in order to be fully accepted.]
- * Official or attested conferment of bachelors degree
- * Resume
- * $60 Application Fee. Check payable to: Stevens Institute of Technology.
Mail to: Program Co-ordinator, MSTM & MBA Programs Stevens Institute of Technology MSTM/EMBA-TM Program Castle Point-on-Hudson Hoboken, NJ 0703 Email: Murrae.Bowden@stevens.edu, Phone: 201-216-8191 Facsimile: 201-216-8355
TUITION and FEES
The estimated cost of the MSTM program for the class entering in Fall 2012 is approximately $61K for the on-campus Saturday program. The program cost includes tuition, fees, and many services that are not normally provided in other graduate programs at Stevens.