SAS®, a leader company in the field of Business Analytics software, has signed a license agreement with Stevens that allows BI&A students free access to their Business Analytics software suite. You will have the opportunity to use SAS software in several BI&A courses as you proceed toward your degree.
Finally, you will have free access to SAS® E-Learning , which provides-paced learning courses on the use of SAS software in business analytics.
Students who complete the MS degree in BI&A will be eligible to receive a SAS “Certificate in Business Analytics” jointly signed by SAS and Stevens1.
We are indebted to SAS for providing this very significant support to our BI&A program.
1 Note that the “Certificate in Business Analytics” is not equivalent to SAS certification.
Under our license agreement with SAS, students taking BI&A courses are entitled to free access to SAS e-LEARNING. Knowledge of SAS will be helpful in a number of courses in our program and, of course, SAS® is used by the analytics groups in many companies so this knowledge should also be useful in your future career. The self-paced learning modules that are available to you are listed in the attachment together with instructions on how to access the tutorials. Our recommendation is that you start with the module on the SAS®Enterprise Guide manual.
SAS E-Learning course modules are available for free to students who will be enrolled in Stevens courses in the fall – spring –summer semesters of academic year 2012-13. The following modules are available. Instructions on how to access the modules are included below. We recommend that you commence your studies with module 6, SAS® Enterprise Guide®.
- SAS Programming Introduction: Basic Concepts
- SAS Programming I: Essentials
- SAS Programming II: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS Programming III: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS Macro Language I: Essentials
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 1: Querying and Reporting (newest version of the course)
- SAS SQL I: Essentials
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- SAS Enterprise Guide: ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- Querying and Reporting Using SAS Enterprise Guide ( versions 4.3 and 4.2 in addition to version 4.1)
ACCESS SAS SOFTWARE AND SAS® e-LEARNING
Access to SAS Software and SAS eLearning will be made available to students who register for courses in the BI&A program.
Please send an email requesting access to the Program Director Professor Chris Asakiewicz at: Christopher.Asakiewicz@stevens.edu