The following articles and books are recommended background for anyone wishing to pursue a career in data analytics.
Data Privacy and Ethics
- Anderson, Chris (2006). The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More. New York: Hyperion.
- Davenport, Thomas H.,Jeanne G. Harris and Robert Morison (2010). Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results. Boston MA: Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Davenport, Thomas H. and Jeanne G. Harris (2007). Competing on Analytics: The New Science of Winning. Boston MA: Harvard Business School Publishing.
- Easley, David and Jon Kleinberg (2010) Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World. Cambridge University Press (2010).
- Barabasi, Albert-Laszlo (2010). BURSTS. New York: Penguin Group.
- Barabasi, Albert-Laszlo (2002). LINKED The New Science of Networks. Cambridge,MA: Perseus Publishing.