Master of Science in Business Intelligence & Analytics
The Masters of Science in Business Intelligence and Analytics (BI&A) is a unique 36-credit STEM program designed for individuals who are interested in applying analytical techniques to derive insights and predictive intelligence from vast quantities of data. Graduates will have the skills to increase operational efficiency, improve financial performance and influence the strategic directions of organizations in the highly competitive world of "Big Data." The curriculum is a carefully articulated mix of courses on data, social networks, web analytics, statistics, optimization and risk management. The focus is on industry-specific applications in areas such as marketing, finance, pharmaceuticals, underwriting, manufacturing, information technology, telecommunications, energy and engineering. A unique program architecture aims to produce well-rounded graduates with strong professional, disciplinary and technical skills.
Research and Infrastructure
"The software tools taught at Stevens are central to industry - a lot of companies use these programs, and knowing them gives you an edge over other people. The way Stevens teaches them, and the fact that they are teaching them, gives you a big advantage in the market place."
--- Enrique Lance, Data Scientist, Collaborative Consulting, Class of 2014.
- Stevens BI&A Degree Ranked Among Top 10 in U.S.
- David Belanger to keynote IEEE Conference, “Internet of Things = Even Bigger Data”
- Student projects: April Advisory Board meeting
- Four three-day weekends of training on SAS, R, SQL, Python and Hadoop
- Deutsche Bank Market Research selected professor Creamer's working paper
- BI&A Professor, Mahmoud Daneshmand helps found new IEEE Journal on “The Internet of Things”