As Stevens seeks to increase its standing among the top universities in the nation, we recognize the importance of a quality education and are dedicated to helping our students and their families find a way to achieve their higher education goals. During the 2010 – 2011 Academic Year, 83 percent of Stevens undergraduates received scholarship and grant aid, with more than $36.6 million awarded in grant and scholarship aid for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.
The chart below lists typical expenses for an undergraduate student for one year at Stevens:
Tuition costs: $40,300
Technology fee: $836
Student Activity Fee: $270
Average cost of books: $950
Co-op fee: $385 (per semester)
Average cost of Room & Board: $14,200
Providing financial aid through scholarships is a core commitment at Stevens. The ability to increase the financial aid packages we offer to students and their families is thanks largely to the generosity of our alumni and friends, who graciously fund endowed and fellowship scholarships each year. With this support, we can achieve our goal and commitment to meeting the demonstrated financial need of every admitted undergraduate student. Many families today are feeling financial strain; thus, financial aid remains a top fund-raising priority for the Stevens family. New Stevens President Nariman Farvardin created the President’s Initiative for Excellence to respond to these requests for financial aid with an appeal to our alumni and friends for donations that will be dedicated to scholarship and student aid.
What can I do to help?
Your gift will improve the undergraduate education of a Stevens’ student in many ways:
- By establishing a named scholarship to allow an undergraduate student to study without worrying about financial support
- By providing funds to the Stevens Scholarship Fund, allowing us to offer much-needed financial aid packages to new and existing students
- By contributing to Reunion Projects that support Scholarships
- By participating in the Adopt-a-Student Program and providing funds for a full scholarship for one student from freshmen year through graduation
- By supporting the Keep me Stevens campaign, providing financial aid to retain students with strong academic records who are struggling with the costs of higher education
We encourage you to learn more about the value of supporting Stevens students and the academic programs they are enrolled in. We enjoy sharing the stories of students who have benefitted from financial aid at Stevens, and the donors who have made their educations possible by providing that much-needed support.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Development