CSR researchers have published the following papers and journal articles in the areas of passive acoustics, classification of vessels, critical infrastructure resiliency in port security and maritime systems, and radar detection of mid and large size vessels. To download copies of these publications, please click on the links below:
- Cross-correlation Method for Measuring Ship Acoustic Signatures, K.W. Chung, A. Sutin and M. Bruno (Feb. 2011) Proceedings, 160th Meeting Acoustical Society of America, 11 1-12.
- Bruno, M., A. Sutin, K.W. Chung, A. Sedunov, N. Sedunov, H. Salloum, H.C. Graber, P. Mallas, 2011: Satellite imaging and passive acoustics in layered approach for small boat detection and classification, Mar. Techn. Soc. J., 45(3), 1-11.
- Stevens Passive Acoustic System for Underwater Surveillance, A. Sutin, B. Bunin, A. Sedunov, N. Sedunov, M. Tsionsky, M. Bruno (2010). Proceedings, Waterside Security Conference
- Concurrent Use of Satellite Imaging and Passive Acoustics for Maritime Domain Awareness, M.S. Bruno, K.W. Chung, H. Graber, A. Sutin, P. Mallas, H. Salloum, A. Sedunov, N. Sedunov (2010). Proceedings, Waterside Security Conference.
- Cross-correlation of ship noise for water traffic monitoring, L. Fillinger, A. Sutin, A. Sedunov, Journal of Acoustical Society America and 158th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, San Antonio, Texas, 26-30 October 2009.
- Passive acoustic classification of vessels in the Hudson River, Michael Zucker, Alexander Sedunov, Vladimir Zhdanov, Alexander Sutin, Journal of Acoustical Society America and 158th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of America, San Antonio, Texas, 26-30 October 2009
- Holenstein, Dobson, Smith, Roarty, Glenn, Whelan, Barrick, Issacson (2013) Bistatic Vessel Detection from the CODAR SeaSonde. Oceans, 2013 San Diego, USA September 23-26, 2013
- Dobson, Holenstein, Smith, Roarty, Glenn, Whelan, Barrick, Issacson (2013) Monostatic Vessel Detection Statistics from the CODAR SeaSonde. Oceans, 2013 San Diego, USA September 23-26, 2013
- Smith, Roarty, Glenn, Whelan, Barrick, Issacson (2013) Methods of Associating CODAR SeaSonde Vessel Detection Data Into Unique Tracks. Oceans, 2013 San Diego, USA September 23-26, 2013
- Glenn, Dobson, Mart, Strandskov, Kohut, Schofield, Jones, Webb, Barrera, Ramos (2013) The Challenger Glider Missions: A Global Ocean Predictive Skill Assessment Oceans, 2013 San Diego, USA September 23-26, 2013
- Roarty, H., Smith, M., Glenn, S., Barrick, D., Whelan, C., Page, E. Statscewich, H., Weingartener, T., Expanding Maritime Domain Awareness Capabilities in the Arctic: High Frequency Radar Vessel Tracking.
- Roarty, H., Smith, M., Glenn, S., Whelan, C., Barrick, D., Page, E. Statscewich, H., Weingartener, T., Multi-Use HF Radar for Arctic Maritime Domain Awareness
- Glenn, S., Roarty, H., Handel, E., Smith, M., Evans, C., Corredor, J., Morel, J., Barrick, D., Whelan, C., Lilleboe, P., (2012) Real-time HF Radar Vessel Detection Exercise at the UPRM Tropical HF Radar Testbed.
- Canals, M., J.M. Morell, J.E. Corredor and S. Leonardi. Expanding the Caribbean Coastal Ocean Observing System into the Nearshore Region. In Press. (May/June 2011) Marine Technology Society Journal.
- Dual-Use of Compact HF Radars for the Detection of Mid and Large Size Vessels, Roarty, Barrick, Kohut, Glenn (2009) Submitted to Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences.
- Mallas, P.A. and H.C. Graber, 2013: Imaging ships from satellites. Oceanography. 26(2), in press.
- Gilman, M., A. Soloviev, H.C. Graber, 2011: Study of the far wake of a large ship. J. Atmos. Oceanic Techno., 28(5), 720-733.
Maritime and Port Resilience
- An initial exploration of port capacity bottlenecks in the USA port system and the implications on resilience. Trepte, K., Rice, J. Jr., forthcoming in The International Journal of Shipping and Transportation Logistics
- Port Mapper: Preparing for the Future (June 2013) Rice, J. Jr., Trepte, K. and Cottrill, K. The Eno Brieffileadmin/csr/SRI_Papers_Presentations/Gajjar_DEVELOPMENT_OF_ECONOMIC_RESILIENCY_ASSESSMENT_FRAMEWORK_FOR_MARINE_TERMINALS.pdf
- Development of Economic Resiliency Assessment Framework for Marine Terminals, H. Gajjar, T. Wakeman, H. Salloum, TISP 2012 Critical Infrastructure Symposium, Arlington, VA, April 23 - 24, 2012 Publication in Conference Proceeding.fileadmin/csr/Publications/Li_Sauser_Ramirez_IEEE_Intl_Sys_Conf2011_Final.pdf
- Analyzing the Influence of Zeroth Responders on Resilience of the Maritime Port Enterprise, Li, Q., B. Sauser and J. Ramirez-Marquez, IEEE International Systems Conference, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, April 4-7, 2011
- Perspectives on Measuring Enterprise Resilience, Erol, O., D. Henry, B. Sauser and M. Mansouri (2010), IEEE International Systems Conference, San Diego, CA, April 5-8, 2010.
- Assessing the Resiliency of a Regional Road-based Transportation Network, M. Omer, A. Mostashari and R. Nilchiani. (2010). Accepted and to be published in the IEEE Systems Journal (April 2010).
- Measuring the Resilience of the Global Internet Infrastructure System, M. Omer, R. Nilchiani and A. Mostashari (2010). Accepted to the IEEE Systems Journal (September 2009).
- A Decision Analysis Framework for Resilience Strategies in Maritime Systems, M. Mansouri, R. Nilchiani and A. Mostashari (2010). Accepted and to be Published in the IEEE Systems Journal (April 2010).
- Resiliency in Critical Infrastructure Systems (Book). R. Nilchiani and A. Mostashari (eds.). Boca Raton, FL: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press (forthcoming 2010).
- A Systems Thinking Approach to Discovering the Concept of Resilience In Resiliency, Sauser, B. and M. Mansouri. (2010). A. Mostashari and R. Nilchiani (eds.), Boca Raton, FL: Taylor and Francis/CRC Press (forthcoming).
- A Risk Management-Based Framework for Resilience in Port Infrastructure: The Case of the Boston Harbor, M. Mansouri, R. Nilchiani and A. Mostashari (2009) Proceedings of the International Symposium of Systems Engineering (INCOSE), July 2009, Singapore.
Maritime Systems Engineering
- Systemigram Modeling of the Small Vessel Security Strategy for Developing Enterprise Resilience, Sauser, B., J. Ramirez-Marquez and Q. Li (2011), Submitted to Marine Technology Society Journal.
- Using Systemigrams in Problem Definition: A Case Study in Maritime Resilience for Homeland Security, Sauser, B., M. Mansouri and M. Omer (2011), International Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. 8(1):1-19.
- System of Systems Approach to Maritime Transportation Governance, Mansouri, M., A. Gorod, T. Wakeman and B. Sauser (2010) Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. 2166.66-73
- Measuring the Resiliency of the Manhattan Points of Entry in the Face of Severe Disruption, M. Omer, A. Mostashari and R. Nilchiani (2010) Submitted to the IEEE Systems Journal.../fileadmin/csr/Publications/Governance_MaritimeSystems_IEEESoSE_2009_MansouriGorodWakemanSauser.pdf
- A Systems Approach to Governance in Maritime Transportation System of Systems, M. Mansouri, A. Gorod, T. Wakeman, and B. Sauser. (2009). IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering. June 1-3, Albuquerque, NM.
- Applications of Systems Thinking for Resilience Study in Maritime Transportation System of Systems, Mansouri, M., B. Sauser, and J. Boardman. (2009). IEEE International Systems Conference. March 23-26, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.../fileadmin/csr/Publications/Mansouri_SoSEM_Approach_for_MTSoS.pdf
- Maritime Transportation System of Systems Management Framework: A System of Systems Engineering Approach, Mansouri, M., A. Gorod, T. Wakeman, and B. Sauser. (2009). International Journal of Ocean Systems Management. 1 (2):200-226
- Evaluating Information Technologies in Incident Response, Robert M. Kelly, Jr. and Donald Kronenwetter. This article was published in the Winter 2011 issue of The Tactical Edge, the official publication of the National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA).../fileadmin/csr/Publications/Milewski_Decide_-CBD_Conf.pdf
- Usable Information Delivery for Emergency Decisions, Allen Milewski; Robert Kelly; Chemical and Biological Defense Physical Science and Technology (CBD PS&T) Conference New Orleans, Louisiana USA November 17- 21, 2008 Publication in Conference Proceeding.../fileadmin/csr/Publications/Reagor_Communications.pdf
- Communicating Decisions When There Is No One To Talk To, Barbara T Reagor; James M Hammill; Poster Presentation; Chemical and Biological Defense Physical Science and Technology (CBD PS&T) Conference New Orleans, Louisiana USA November 17-21, 2008 Publication in Conference Proceeding.../fileadmin/csr/Publications/IEEE_SMCC_V4__Wang_Tepfenhart_Rosca_.pdf
- Emergency Response Workflow Resource Requirements Modeling and Analysis, Jiacun Wang; Daniela Rosca; William Tepfenhart; Allen Milewski; IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics. Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 38, No. 5 September 2008.
- Nickerson, J.V. Adversarial Design Games and the Role of Anticipation in Sensor Networks, Risk and Decision Analysis, (1:2) 2009, pp. 75-83.