Dr. Edward Stohr
|Building: Babbio 428|
|School: School of Business|
|Research Center: Center for Technology Management Research|
- Ph.D. (1973) Information Science, University of California, Berkeley
- MBA. (1973) Information Systems, University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering, University of Melbourne, Australia, 1959
- Process automation and workflow management
- Decision support
Professor Stohr holds a Bachelor of Civil Engineering degree from Melbourne University, Australia, and M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees in Information Science from the University of California, Berkeley. He is currently Associate Dean for Research and Academics at the Howe School of Technology Management, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey. His research interests are centered on the problems of developing computer systems to support work and decision making in organizations. He is the editor of two books on decision support systems and has published articles in many leading journals. In 1992, Professor Stohr served as chairman of the executive board of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS). He is on the editorial boards of a number of leading journals in the information systems field and has also acted as consultant to a number of major corporations.
· Member, Academic Program and Review (APAR) Committee, 2006 – present (Chair 2007-09)
Member, SIT Promotion and Tenure Committee, 2008 - present
· Steering Committee, Middle States Accreditation, 2004 (interim report) and 2006 - Howe School of Technology Management
· Coordinator, Howe School AACSB Accreditation Process, 2005 · Coordinator, Howe School Information Systems Ph.D. Program, 2006 -· Associate Dean for Research and Academics, 2001-2006 · Co-director, Center for Technology Management Research, 2001-present
· Coordinator, Howe School Information Systems, Ph.D. Program, 2001 – 2004
Honors & Awards
· Honorary Lifetime Member, Global Institute for Flexible Systems Management.
· Member of the Academic Advisory Committee of the Institute for Innovation, Information and Productivity (IIIP)
· Howe School Outstanding Service Award, 2006
· Howe School Outstanding Service Award, 2004
· Research Professor, Stern School of Business, NYU, 1998-2001
· Citibank Award for Excellence in Teaching, Stern School of Business, 1993-94
· Beta Gamma Sigma-honorary society for business students
2001– Information Management Program
Stevens Institute of Technology
1979-2000 Information Systems Department, Stern School of Business, New York University.
1977-1979 Associate Professor of Decision Sciences, Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
1973-1977 Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences, Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University.
1973-1973 Instructor, University of California, Berkeley.
1969-1973 Full‑time course work leading to Ph.D. in Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
1967-1969 Full‑time course work leading to a degree of Master of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley.
Visiting Appointments at Other Academic Institutions
2005 Visiting Professor, University of Melbourne, (July-August, 2005)
1996 Visiting Professor, University of Economics and Business, Vienna (Summer)
1996 Visiting Professor, ISMT Department, Hong University of Science and Technology (Spring)
1987 Visiting Professor, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, France (Spring semester)
- Honorary Lifetime Member, Global Institute for Flexible Systems Management (GIFT)
- Founding member and Vice Chair, Technology ManagementEducation Association (TMEDA)
- Member, Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member, The Institute of Management Sciences (TIMS)
- Founding Member, Association for Information Systems (AIS)
Grants, Contracts & Funds
|Business Continuity in the Pharmaceutical Industry||AT& T Foundation||$50,000||6/1/03 – 9/1/04||Lou Laucirica, E. Stohr||Paul Rohmeyer|
|Strategic Multi-Project Resource Management, “CC-Lite”||NASA||$75,000||6/1/04 – 12/31/04||Thomas Lechler||E. Stohr|
|A Methodology and Process for Managing Portfolios of Homeland Security Programs||Homeland Security Institute||$48,000||3/1/05 – 12/31/05||J. Hultin,E. Stohr||H. Fallah, Fred Murphy|
|Definition of the Productivity of ICT in the Era of Cyberspace||Institute for Information Innovation and Productivity (IIIP)||$14,000||3/1/2009 = 12/31/2010||Niv Ahituv, Tel Aviv University, E. Stohr|| |
- Morabito, J. I. Sack, E. Stohr and A, Bhate. "Architecting Flexible Organizations", Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management , GIFT Society.
- Davern, M.J., R. Mantena, and E.A. Stohr. (2008). "Diagnosing Decision Quality", Forthcoming. Download (258 kb PDF).
- Kamis, Arnold A Stohr, Edward A. (2006). "Parametric Search Engines: What Makes them Effective when Shopping Online for Differentiated Products", Information & Management, 43 (7), 904-918.
- Lechler, T., Ronen, B., Stohr E. A.. (2005). "Critical Chain: A New Project Management Paradigm or Old Wine in New Bottles?", Engineering Management Journal, 17 (4), 45-58.
- Edward A. Stohr. (Aug 2001). "Workflow Automation: Overview and Research Issues", Informations Systems Frontiers.
- J. Leon Zhao, Akhil Kumar, Edward A. Stohr. (Mar 2000). "Workflow-centric Communication Mechanisms for Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Journal of Management Information Systems.
- John T. Gorgone and Paul Gray (Co-chairs) with David L. Feinstein, George M. Kasper, Jerry N. Luftman, Edward A. Stohr, Joseph S. Valacich, Rolf T. Wigand.. (Jan 2000). "MSIS 2000: Model Curriculum and Guidelines for Graduate Programs in Information Systems", Communications of AIS, 3 (1).
- Edward A. Stohr, J. Leon Zhao. (Mar 1999). "Temporal Workflow Management in a Claim Handling System", Software Engineering Notes, 24 (2), 187-95.
- Stohr, Edward and Nickerson, Jeffrey V.. (2003). "Enterprise Integration: Methods and Direction", Strategic Alignment, J. Luftman, Oxford University Press.
- Joseph Morabito, Edward A. Stohr. (2002). Online Analytical Processing and Applications in E-Commerce, Bigdolil, Hossein, The Internet Encyclopedia, John Wiley & Sons.
- Edward A. Stohr, Jeffrey V. Nickerson. (2002). "Intra Enterprise Integration: Methods and Direction", Competing in the Information Age: Align in the Sand, Oxford University Press, NY.
- Edward A. Stohr, Larry White , Sivakumar Viswanathan. (2000). "America Online Inc.: The Portal Era.", Cases in Electronic Commerce, Sid Huff, Mike Wade, Michael Parent, Scott Schneberger and Peter Newson, Irwin/McGraw-Hill.
- Edward A. Stohr, S. Viswana. (1999). "Recommendation Systems", Emerging Information Technologies, Kendall, Kenneth E, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Huang, Wayne and Edward A. Stohr. (2007). "Design and Implementation of a Business Process Rules Engine", 2nd Annual International Conference on Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST), Pasadena CA .
- Edward A. Stohr, Russell P. Stohr. (Jun 2001). "Transaction Breaks: A Litany of Errors", Proc. Thirteenth Bled Electronic Commerce Conference, Bled Slovenia.
- Michael Bieber, II Im, Ricki Goldman-Segall, Starr Roxanne Hiltz, Ravi Paul, Jennifer Preece, Ron Rice, Edward A. Stohr, Murray Turoff. (2000). "Towards Knowledge-Sharing and Learning in Virtual Professional Communities", Hawaii International Conference on Information Sciences.
- Edward A. Stohr, Akhil Kumar, J. Leon Zhao. (Dec 2000). "Organizational Concept Space: A Dynamic Grouping Approach to Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Proc. WITS, 2000, Brisbane Australia.
- Edward A. Stohr, J. Leon Zhao. (Aug 2000). "Building Workflow Engines for Commerce Logic Applications", Proc.of Americas Conference on Information Systems, Long Beach, CA.
- J. Leon Zhao, Akhil Kumar, Edward A. Stohr. (Jan 2000). "A Workflow-Centric Model of Organizational Knowledge Distribution", Proc. Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Wayne Huang and Edward A. Stohr. (2007). "Design and Implementation of a Business Process Rules Engine".
- Edward A Friedman, Edward A. Stohr. (Oct 25, 2006). "Technology Management for Global Development - A Conceptual Framework", to be presented at the Academy of Management BAWB Global Forum: "Management Knowledge Leading Positive Change"
Conference, Case Western University
- BIA 702 Curricular Practical Training