Mr. Steven Savitz
|Building: Babbio Center|
- Columbia University, NY, M.S. In Management Engineering, 1978
- The City College of NY, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 1970
- Product & Service Innovatoin
- Healthcare Information Management
- Technology Strategy & Roadmapping
- Innovation Process Management
Ten years proven academic teaching experience in emerging technology, technology strategy and new service and product innovation management. Awarded "Outstanding Teacher Award" for the Howe School of Technology Management -2007 and The "Provost's Award for Outstanding Online Teaching"- 2008. Industrial career includes thirty years experience in the strategic management, design and development of high technology products and medical systems has led to a career transition to academia focused on technology and innovation management at the graduate level. A technology management academic, professional and innovator with strong operations, financial and business management expertise. A proven track record of profitable new product and process introductions worldwide. Extensive knowledge and accomplishments in business development, internal venture management, alliances and technology acquisitions. Transnational R&D and Manufacturing experience.
Independent Consulting Practice: Technology Management Services, tel:551-265-5139
Honors & Awards
1. Outstanding Full Time Teaching Award- The Howe School of Technology Management- 2006
2. United States Distance Learning Association Award for Excellence in Graduate Technology Management Education
3. Provost's Award for Excellence in Online Teaching -2008
Howe School Distance Learning Coordinator
WebCampus Board of Director
Academic Course Coordinator: Technology and Innovation Management, Emerging Technology Management, New Product and Service Innovation
- American Society of Management (ASM)
- Product Development and Management Association (PDMA)
Patents & Inventions
1-. 4,221,322 Tube Guide Insert and Constraint Fittings for a Compensating Rotor2.- 4,229,299 Peristaltic Dialysate Solution Pump3.- 5,919,420 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container Incorporating a Resilient Elastomeric Seal4.- 5,972,297 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container Incorporating a Septum5.- 5,948,364 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container6.- 6,032,813 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container Incorporating an Integral Flexible Seal7.- 6,136,275 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container8.- 6,139,802 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container Incorporating a Resilient Elastomeric Seal9.- 6,161,712 Ball and Socket Closure10.- 6,350,415 Ball and Socket Closure for Specimen Collection Container Incorporating a Dimple Locking Mechanism11.- 6,705,482 Ball and Socket Closure12. 6,428,640 Specimen Collection and Label System 13. 6,599,481 Electronically Linked Specimen Collection Label System14. 6,808,574 Label System and Method for Label Alignment and Placement15. 6,161,712 Ball and Socket Closure
U.S. Design Patents
16.- Des. 278,653 Centrifuge Tube for Separating and Washing Red Blood Cells17.- Des. 298,278 Coagulometer18.- Des. 422,712 Closure for Specimen Collection Container19.- Des. 430,615 Specimen Label20.- Des. 432,174 Specimen Label21.- Des. 432,176 Specimen Label22.- Des. 432,245 Collection Assembly with a Specimen Label23.- Des. 435,662 Collection Tube with a Specimen Label24.- Des. 435,663 Collection Tube with a Specimen Label25.- Des. 435,664 Label System and Method for Label Placement26.- Des. 436,182 Label System and Method for Label Placement 27.- Des. 436,183 Label System and Method for Label Placement
- S.R. Savitz, C. Riggs. (Jan 28, 2001). "Automating Patient and Specimen Identification at the Bedside", LabAutomation 2001, International Conference of Laboratory Automation, Palm Springs, Ca.
- L. Bologna, C. Lind, C. Riggs, S.R. Savitz. (Jun 26, 2000). "Reducing Major Identification Errors within a Deployed Phlebotomy Process", Presented at Clinical Laboratory Management Association Meeting, Anaheim, Ca.
- S.R. Savitz. (Mar 6, 2000). "Worldwide Laboratory Automation Standardization Efforts", VII International Congress on Laboratory and New Technologies for the Clinical Laboratory, Mexico City, Mexico.
- S.R. Savitz, C. Riggs, N. Moore. (Mar 6, 2000). "Automating Patient Identification and Specimen Labeling at the Point of Care", VII International Congress on Laboratory and New Technologies for the Clinical Laboratory, Mexico City, Mexico.
- S.R. Savitz. (Nov 1999). "Worldwide Laboratory Automation Standardization Efforts", Presented at ANT/amb, MEDICA, Dusseldorf, Germany.
- S.R. Savitz, S. Narayanan. (May 27, 1998). "Quality in the Preanalytical Phase", International Conference of Clinical Chemistry, Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
- S.R. Savitz. (Oct 14, 1992). "Big Bang vs. Incremental Product Innovation", Product Development and Management Association International Conference, Chicago Marriott Hotel.
- S.R. Savitz, C. Lasky, W.B. Sampson, E.F. Leonard, S.K. Hilal, W.J. Michelsen. (Sep 20, 1976). "A Rotating D.C. Super conducting Magnet System for Guidance of Intravascular Catheters", 26th ACEMB, New Orleans, La.. Columbia University, Neurological Institute, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY, NY.
- M. Lipscomb, S. Autenrieth, S.R. Savitz, G. Leber, M. Jorik. (Jul 1987). "A New Semi-Automated Coagulation System", ACPR.
- Y.A. Butruille, S.R. Savitz, E.F. Leonard, R. Litwak. (1976). "Transient Diffusion Effects in the Study of Early Platelet Adhesion", J. Biomedical Materials Research, 10 145-160.
- S.R. Savitz, R. Gottlieb. (1998). "Total Laboratory Automation Systems - Specimen Containers, Chapter 7", Automated Integration of Clinical Laboratories: A Reference, M. Bissell, J. Peterson, AACC Monograph, AACC Press.
- MGT 671 Technology and Innovation Management
- MGT 675 New Product and Service Innovation
- MGT 677 Emerging Technologies
- EMT 677 Emerging Technologies