Yegin Genc is a PhD candidate in the field of Information Systems in Howe School of Technology Management. His advisor is Jeffrey V. Nickerson. Yegin holds B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Istanbul Technical University and M.S. in Information Technologies from University of Central Missouri. His research topic is content exploration using semantic transformations. Specifically, he designs and studies information systems to support exploratory search tasks by using networks embedded in Collaborative Knowledge Bases, such as Wikipedia.
- BT 416 Business Process Management (Teaching Assistant)
- MIS 201 Fundamentals of Information Systems (Lab)
- MIS 630 Data and Knowledge Management
Contact: [email protected]
- Genc, Y. "Exploratory search with semantic transformations using collaborative knowledge bases." Proceedings of the 7th ACM international conference on Web search and data mining. (WSDM), 2014.
- Genc, Y., Mason, W., and Nickerson, J. “Classifying short messages using collaborative knowledge bases: Reading Wikipedia to understand Twitter” Workshop on Making Sense of Microposts at the World Wide Web Conference (WWW), 2013.
- Genc, Y., Sakamoto, Y., & Nickerson, J. “Discovering Context: Classifying Tweets through a Semantic Transform Based on Wikipedia” Proceedings of the Human Computer Integration International (HCII), 2011