ALUMNI WEEKEND 2014: AD ASTRA
A message from the President of the Stevens Alumni Association
I invite you to join fellow alumni and friends for Alumni Weekend 2014! The theme for this year is "Ad Astra", a redoubtable tradition and timeless reminder for every Stevens graduate to reach for the stars.
And there is no better time to do so! Join me from May 29 to June 1 to reunite with old friends, make new ones, and celebrate the rising excellence of our alma mater. 2014 also marks anniversaries for classes ending in '4s and '9s.
This year, you will find a series of new events in addition to old favorites. For example:
- Distinguished alumnus Ken Venner '84, the Chief Information Officer of Spacex, will deliver a seminar about technology changes in the aerospace industry and the challenge of traveling to Mars
- Two of our distinguished faculty will be holding seminars about healthcare innovation and American politics
- The Liberty Science Center will present "The Science Cirus!", where children can explore the positives and negatives of static electricity, the sub-zero temperatures of liquid nitrogen, the states of matter, and the immense pressure of air
- A tour of the new Immersion and Motion Capture Labs
- A new Alumni Exhibit Tour, illustrating the history of Stevens alumni in the S.C Williams Library
Old favorites are also returning, such as:
- The All Alumni Breakfast
- Wine Tasting, hosted by Bruce Boylan '63 and Beer Tastings, hosted Dave Manhas '83
- Academic Update Luncheon, hosted by the Deans and Provost Korfiatis
- The classic Children's Fun Run and Macy's Balloons
- The Hoboken Sampler (returning for a second successful year!)
And of course, celebrating a keystone moment of Alumni Weekend, President Farvardin will deliver his third annual President's Address to Alumni on Saturday.
And if you register by May 15, you will qualify for the Early Bird Discount, an across-the-board discount of $10 per event.
Come back and celebrate Alumni Weekend 2014 with the Stevens Alumni Association! I look forward to seeing you there!
Thomas Moschello '63
President, Stevens Alumni Association